- 1. What are the requirements for Affiliates?
- 2. What do I need to become an Affiliate?
- 3. How much does it cost to be an affiliate?
- 4. Do you have any training program for affiliates?
How to perform successfully
- 5. How do I make money?
- 6. What is the affiliate link?
- 7. How to start promoting carVertical products?
- 8. Can I use my own creatives for carVertical promotion?
- 9. Can I have a personalised landing page on carvertical.com to direct my referrals to?
- 10. How do I know I will be paid for my referral?
- 11. How and when will I be paid?
- 12. What is the minimum payout at carVertical Affiliate program?
- 13. What if the user doesn’t make a purchase instantly? Do I still receive a commission?
- 14. How do you decide which affiliate gets a commission if the user clicks several affiliate links before the purchase?
- 15. Can I promote you through pay-per-click search engines?
- 16. How can I track the performance by my own?
- 17. What is Direct Linking?
- 18. What is sub-affiliate and how to get sub-affiliates?
1. What are the requirements for Affiliates?
There are no particular requirements for Affiliates. To become an Affiliate, all you need is a clear idea(s) on carVertical product promotion to the relevant audience in automotive industry field.
2. What do I need to become an Affiliate?
All you need is your own channel (website, social media profile or you can simply share this message with your friends). Once a visitor is sent to our site via a special link (called ‘affiliate link’), and if he or she buys our product on carvertical.com, you will get a share of the sale value.
3. How much does it cost to be an affiliate?
Being an affiliate partner is absolutely free of charge. The access to the tracking dashboard, reports, creatives (links, banners, custom landing pages) is also free as well as carVertical Affiliate team support and advices.
4. Do you have any training program for affiliates?
The basics of affiliate marketing and most useful tips and tricks are described in your affiliate panel. You can find new tips and techniques also in our monthly affiliate newsletter.
How to perform successfully
5. How do I make money?
You earn commissions by referring customers to our website, where they purchase our products. You will earn percentage commission for every purchase. You don’t even need a website (although having your own website helps). You can promote our product via postings in internet forums, reviews, product testings, tweeting, posting link on facebook, LinkedIn, recording videos, or simply emailing to all your friends and people you know interested in automotive with your affiliate link to our product.
6. What is the affiliate link?
Affiliate link is a special URL with unique parameters where you should be sending the visitors. You will get the URLs for different links and banners in your affiliate panel.
7. How to start promoting carVertical products?
You can see the Getting Started section on the main page after you log-in. Generally, you should choose some banners and links, and place them onto your pages. When your visitor clicks on a banner, he will be redirected to our page. If this visitor buys carVertical product, you will be rewarded with a commission for this sale.
8. Can I use my own creatives for carVertical promotion?
Using your own creative material without carVertical team approval is not allowed. Feel free to contact our team via email@example.com – we’ll be more than happy to help you decide, or event create a custom material for you.
9. Can I have a personalised landing page on carvertical.com to direct my referrals to?
Sure you can! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create a custom landing for you.
10. How do I know I will be paid for my referral?
The program is powered by Post Affiliate Pro, the leading affiliate tracking software. Post Affiliate Pro uses a combination of cookies and IP address to track referrals for best possible reliability. When the visitor follows your affiliate link to our site, our affiliate system registers this referral and places a cookie on his browser. When the visitor pays for the product, affiliate system checks for cookie (if not found, checks for IP address of referral) and credits your account with commission. This process is absolutely automatic. All your referrals will be properly tracked.
11. How and when will I be paid?
Your commissions will be paid via wire transfer, before 10th of each month for the previous month. Your bank account details need to be filled during Affiliate sign up process, also, you can check and edit them at any time through your Affiliate panel setting. Please make sure the referred Bank account details are correct.
12. What is the minimum payout at carVertical Affiliate program?
The minimum payout is 50 euro. If you did not reach this amount in a particular month, it will be transferred to the upcoming month and the payout will be made only once the sum of your earned commissions is equal or higher than 50 euro.
13. What if the user doesn’t make a purchase instantly? Do I still receive a commission?
Yes! Our Affiliate system places a cookie on the user’s browser for 90 days. This means that if the user clicks on your link, any purchase made by him is referred as yours and the commission is calculated for you for 90 days from the last click.
14. How do you decide which affiliate gets a commission if the user clicks several affiliate links before the purchase?
Commissions are assigned using a split commission functionality, and for a single sale there is a chance that 2 affiliates will be commissioned.
The logic is that we can track the whole user’s funnel. If the user clicks on A affiliate link, then goes to affiliate B, after that checks affiliate C and makes a purchase, affiliates A and C (first and last) both will receive 50% of the commission.
In case there is only 1 affiliate involved, or the 1st as well as the last click was made through the same affiliate link, the affiliate will receive 100% bonus.
We believe it s really important to reward those partners who created the awareness for the user, as well as those who led to the conversion.
15. Can I promote you through pay-per-click search engines?
Unfortunately, no. This way of promotion is relatively expensive, meaning the sale would cost you a similar amount as your affiliate commission.
Also, it would be difficult for you to start as we have our internal marketing team working on pay-per-click search engines, so it would be best for you to choose different advertising methods.
16. How can I track the performance by my own?
You can use Channels functionality for tracking:
Channels are the most simple and powerful way to control your traffic.
To use it, simply create a new channel for every link/banner placement you want. The channels can be created in affiliate panel in Promotion → Add channels.
17. What is Direct Linking?
DirectLinks is advanced feature that allows you to link directly to our site without additional parameters in the URL. So for example, instead of: http://www.oursite.com/?a_aid=12345&a_bid=67890 you can use only: http://www.oursite.com
To use DirectLinking, you have to set up your DirectLink URLs. These are URL addresses of YOUR OWN pages, where you’ll place your affiliate links or banners. You can define them in the Banners & Links section. All URLs have to be manually reviewed and approved by merchant before they will work. When URL is approved, every link to our site (even without affiliate parameters) from that page will be treated as referral.
18. What is sub-affiliate and how to get sub-affiliates?
Sub-affiliate is another carVertical affiliate who registered to carVertical Affiliate program with your recommendation (using a unique affiliate registration link with your unique ID).
You can find your unique registration form link or even registration form on your panel.
Affiliate who has sub-affiliates, receives a 20% commission of each sub-affiliate commission. The more sub-affiliates the affiliate has, the more passive income can be generated.